Looks like you're still very undecided and mostly unsettled. I really want to make everything right here, maybe it will be better if we could talk on skype! I'm caue.rego there.
I had to go over all our texts again to see what I could have done to make things so confusing. Maybe this was it, from one of the earliest emails from March 3rd:
Just to be clear, if you want me to make the new sites (besides purchasing them), my prediction goes up to "less than U$301", but I'd need all images and text in french and italian. What I had in mind is just making the domain work.
Even if I've already apologized for that, in March 20th:
All this confusion, I think, is thanks to my failed business model. No wonder I've decided to put a kind of an end in this whole "your home" project. I just can't keep the quality of work I want to give all my clients with that old pricing. Meanwhile, I couldn't get a single client on the new pricing...
I mean, right now, I'll get my mindset on the new model and so I'll be giving you the premium support from the new pricing while keeping the old pricing. I hope you can appreciate that. The only problem is I am on vacations with my wife so I own her that time... Please bare with me if I can't answer as fast as usual. Today it just happened I could.
I guess I'm telling you all this more as a note to myself than anything else.
Here's another quote from February 27th which could have been very confusing:
Keeping well organized different language pages with squarespace is very complicated and, due to this reason alone, I would go with making a different squarespace site for each language. This way they can't be in the same domain, although I think it would be preferable to do it so, it doesn't really matter and being easier to manage the CRM aspect is more important, as to facilitate creating content.
Facilitate creating content. We were talking about SEO and there are many settings on squarespace that doesn't support translation to help there. So when I wrote that, I was trying to translate many technical aspects (the "very complicated" part there) into your needs. I thought there were a lot of content to be created. If there isn't, then it may be better to keep it all in one place after all.
We should probably get into each of those details and see what you's relevant to your needs, but let's leave this for the next message, as this is already big enough as it is...
Back to business
I still believe the major point is to first find out what you need in fact.
The major aspect of our agreement is I would make all the domains work for squarespace, and that's done. As we can read above, we also agreed to create new sites as it would be generally better, and I would do it, so I did as far as I could on my failed business model. If you're still unhappy with this, it may mean it was not the best option to begin with.
However maybe you have already decided (even without getting into the details). So before I do anything I'd like to clear this up first.
Sites and Languages
Have you decided to go with the first approach, then? Will all sites always look the same, except for the translated text content?
Or you still rather keep the second approach? Think as if I will have the same amount of work no matter what, so I'm genuinely asking what you think is better for you. ( I don't know in fact which one would be more work, right now )
As a technical note on your specific question, yes, all new imported galleries would have to be remade, as I've stated earlier:
Very unfortunately the automated importing process didn't keep that and I don't know of any way of doing it. It's quite sad that imported page can only act as a temporary replacement and it have to be redone from scratch, just like you've already done on neumann-int.com
This is basically one of the points that triggered this whole post:
As I've read it all again, I want to also apologize for that. I do realize I came out of nowhere with some things I wrote there. Such as talking about "the whole point of making different websites". It still holds true, but I never talked about it before.
Let's move on.
If you do decide to keep this 2nd approach:
I can and I will do my best efforts to just copy everything in all sites if that's what you need, although I'm sorry I can't give you a better estimate than "before May 30th" right now.
Keep in mind for the future, whatever you change in 1 site you'll have to manually change in the other 3 as well, if you want to keep going that route. I myself would not enjoy doing that if I were you, reason why I am really against this and trying to point out the aspects of it. Again, I think it only makes sense if you want to really have different sites.
If you're still undecided:
Then we should talk more about each detail on the difference between the two options. And then I'll get to it.